I’ve been meaning to share this yummy little dip with you guys ever since my How To Keep The Pounds Off During the Holidays post. In that post I mentioned bringing your own appetizer to a holiday party is a great way to ensure there are some healthier options to choose from. A while back one of my friends made a version of this for a party and I haven’t stopped thinking about it since. So naturally I wanted to share it with all of you. Thanks Cindy 🙂
The hidden chunks of cucumber are nice little surprise when dunking your veggies into the creamy base and the dill flavor is so refreshing. If you’re thinking about bringing this to a holiday party you can make it a bit more festive looking by adding fresh chopped tomato or red pepper!
- 16 oz. Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Cucumber - peeled & chopped
- 1 tspn Garlic Powder
- 1 tspn Onion Powder
- 1 tbspn Fresh Dill minced
- 1 tbspn Lemon Juice
- 1 tbspn Mayonaise (OPTIONAL - helps cut the tartness from the lemon and Greek yogurt)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients into a medium size bowl and serve with your favorite vegetables for dipping.
- Share with others!
- This dip is very similar in taste to a Tzatziki sauce. Top off your favorite burger or add it to a traditional sandwich in place of mayonnaise.
- What are some of your favorite healthy dips or appetizers to bring to parties?
- What’s your favorite not-so-healthy dip or appetizer? I’m a sucker for anything cheesy!