Superbowl is right around the corner so I’ll be rounding up some of my favorite game day recipes to share with you this week. I’m kicking it off with this super easy and super delicious guacamole recipe!
I know most sports fans would say that they are excited about watching a good game. Me on the other hand, I’m more stoked about watching the commercials and eating the food of course! This is the first year that we will be hosting the Superbowl at our new home. Manny’s been dreaming of this day for years now…..all his closest friends and family plopped on our large leather sectional surrounding his second love, the 75″ television.
Enough about the other love, let’s get back to the important stuff, Guacamole.
Have I told you guys before that I have a serious love for Mexican food? If I could find a way to eat tacos for breakfast, lunch and dinner I would. As we all know most Mexican food isn’t exactly figure friendly. I follow a few bloggers that have been raving about this company that makes grain free tortilla’s and tortilla chips called Siete Foods. I’ve been scouring the shelves at every Whole Foods across South Florida to find these babies!
Their tortilla chips are an A+ in my book! They taste great, they can hold up to a big scoop of guacamole without falling apart and best of all I just love their family story!
My easy guacamole recipe has a chunky consistency and has a nice zing from the lime. If you prefer yours a little smoother then just mash and mix a little harder. Chunky is the way to go in my book though!
- 2 ripe Avocados
- 1/4 cup Red Onion finely diced
- 1/4 tspn Cumin
- 1/4 tspn garlic powder
- 1/3 cup Cilantro chopped
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- a drizzle of olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit.
- Cup one half of the avocado in your hand and with a knife carefully carve out cubes. Take a spoon and scoop the cubes from the avocados flesh into a bowl. Repeat the process with the other avocados.
- In the same bowl add the rest of your ingredients.
- With a fork, mix everything together. Be careful not to over mix so you can keep the chunky consistency.
- Serve with your favorite chips or vegetables.