Greetings my hungry friends!
I’ve been on a huge salad binge lately, does that ever happen to you? Every once in a while I go through a phase where I crave cold crispy lettuce pilled high with chopped veggies and a tangy vinaigrette drizzled all over it. My mouth is officially watering. One of my favorite ways to pack a salad with a big punch of protein is to top it with a huge scoop of chicken or tuna salad.
This recipe is compliments of my friend and massage therapist, Jae. I absolutely love my monthly massage visits with her for many reasons but here are just a few:
1. She has magic hands and knows exactly how to handle an athletes body. There is nothing more I hate than going to get a massage and telling the therapist my aches and pains and the specific areas I would like covered during my session, and then an hour later I am extremely disappointed because they didn’t listen to one single word I said. Uuugghhh, frustrating. Well, my lovely Jae on the other hand never disappoints! She listens, she asks questions and she writes down every ache and pain I have, and when I come back four weeks later she always asks how those particular aches are doing. She’s so sweet :), even when she’s jamming her fingers into my insanely tight traps.
2. We have great conversations about life, CrossFit, health, fitness and much more. Sometimes it’s nice to zone out, find a state of relaxation during the massage and just enjoy. It’s also nice to have a sincere conversation about the things you love with someone who enjoys them just as much as you do.
3. We both share a passion for FOOD, hence this delicious recipe I am about to share with you.
If you are a South Florida local I highly recommend giving Jae at Sense of Touch a try for your next massage appointment.
Now on to the yummy stuff….Preparation for this salad is easy-peasy.
Grab a big bowl and shred your chicken.
Chop all your veggies and throw them into that big bowl.
Toss it all around until all the flavors are married together, and voila!
Plop a scoop of salad on top of a pretty leaf of lettuce and scarf it down in three bites or less.
- Rotisserie or boiled chicken shredded (I used only white meat)
- 3 Hard boiled eggs without the yolk
- 1 small container of plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbspn of sour cream
- A couple squirts of Siracha (amount can differ depending on how spicy you want it)
- 1 tbspn of brown deli mustard
- 2 Celery stalks chopped
- A handful of baby carrots chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Lime Juice
- Avocado for topping
- Lettuce Wraps
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and serve over a salad, inside a whole wheat tortilla, on a sandwich or wrapped inside a bib of lettuce.