Why is the combination of sweet and salty so irresistible? Bacon and syrup…peanuts and m&m’s <— mmmmm, my mouth is officially watering! If you’re fan of this divine combo like I am, then you’re going to love my unique take on tuna salad.
Normally a classic tuna salad is loaded with pounds of unnecessary calories and fat from the mayonnaise. I tried to replace those unwanted calories by cutting back on the mayo and adding in vibrant flavors that will stand out such as pickles & apples. I know it sounds really weird but don’t knock it till you try it, I promise you’ll be surprised.
For my paleo friends out there, make your own Paleo Mayo with this fail-proof recipe.
- 2 Medium Pickles diced (I used spicy Texas Pete pickles)
- 1 can of Tuna
- 1/2 an Apple diced
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon of Mayo
- Pepper to taste
- Place drained tuna into a bowl.
- Add all of the ingredients into the bowl with tuna and stir.
- Pepper to taste, easy on the salt because the pickle and tuna have enough.
- Boom - Enjoy!
If you decide to give this recipe a whirl or experiment with your own spin of tuna salad, be sure to snap a pic and share it with me on my Facebook page.
I want to know:
- What’s your favorite way to eat tuna? I love pilling my tuna salad on top of a bed bed of romaine lettuce loaded with veggies and a simple vinaigrette dressing.